Australian Bushfire Relief Efforts
A huge thank you to everyone who has sent us their thoughts and expressed concern about the fires in Australia. We have had enquiries about travel to and in Australia, as well as a number of people asking how they can help with the fire response and recovery. Below is information on both of these issues. Thank you all again; our thoughts are with everyone affected by the fires. Please stay safe.
Many destinations in Australia remain safe and continue to welcome visitors. All international airports are operating as normal. It is more important than ever to support Australian tourism providers, whether in unaffected regions or those that will recover from these bushfires in the months and years to come. The best way to support Australia, Australian communities, and the tourism sector is to keep visiting. For up-to-date information regarding whether a specific tourist destination has been impacted by bushfires, please go to: https://www.australia.com/en/travel-alerts.html
We also encourage travellers to monitor your government’s overseas travel advisories. For Canadians, please go to www.travel.gc.ca.
How to Help:
Some of the main organisations supporting communities impacted by the fires include:
- Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery (via Canadian Red Cross) – https://bit.ly/2TeCC3h
- The Salvation Army Disaster Appeal – www.salvationarmy.org.au
- St Vincent de Paul Bushfire Appeal – www.vinnies.org.au
- NSW Rural Fire Service – www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
- Country Fire Association of Victoria – www.cfa.vic.gov.au
- South Australia Country Fire Service – www.cfsfoundation.org.au
- WIRES (injured wildlife) – www.wires.org.au