Australian High Commission
Responsibility for Bermuda


Victorian States Elections

The Victorian State Elections will take place on 26 November. The Australian High Commission in Ottawa will accept postal votes on weekdays from 14 November until 21 November during regular working hours (9 am-5 pm).  

If you’re not able to vote, you will need to let the Victorian Electoral Commission know by submitting an ‘away from Victoria’ form. Visit the Victorian Electoral Commission website to learn more: 2022 State election | Victorian Electoral Commission (

Elections and Overseas Voting Information

Voting while overseas

Please visit the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website for complete information on enrolment procedures and voting in federal elections while overseas.  You may also contact the AEC by e-mail ([email protected]) or by telephone (+61 2 6160 2600).  Overseas residents may subscribe to the AEC mailing list in order to receive notifications of future federal elections and referendums. You can also follow the AEC's Twitter account: @AusElectoralCo. 

Check My Enrolment

You can check your current electoral enrolment by visiting the AEC website

Registering as an overseas voter

If you are already enrolled to vote and are living overseas, you may register as a postal voter.  As a registered postal voter, you will receive a postal vote in the mail after the announcement of a federal election. 

If you are unable to vote

You may complete and submit an overseas notification form if you are unable to vote in an election while overseas.  The form may be completed at any time and provides you with an option to be removed from the electoral roll while you are overseas.

State and Territory Elections

Please contact your state or territory electoral authority for information about registering and voting in a state/territory elections while overseas.

NT -
SA -
WA -


Note: Registration forms listed on this page should be submitted directly to the AEC or state/territory authority (by mail, fax or electronically) and cannot be forwarded through the Australian High Commission or other Australian offices in Canada.