Australian High Commission
Responsibility for Bermuda

Passports PC8 Child

Overseas Australian Passport Application
(CHILD – under age 18 years)      


*children aged 16 and 17 must attend the interview with the lodging parent

To lodge this application, you must bring the following to your interview:

   > Your child’s most recent Australian passport (if they have one)

   > Your child’s completed application form

   > Your child’s original foreign birth certificate

   > Proof of your child’s Australian citizenship – either the child’s original Australian birth certificate or the child’s original Australian citizenship certificate

   > If the child was born in Australia on/after 20 August 1986, you need to provide one of the documents below:

               - your child’s previous Australian passport issued on/after 1/1/2000 (not reported lost or stolen); OR
               - one parent’s original Australian birth certificate; OR

               - one parent’s original Australian citizenship certificate, showing citizenship was acquired before the child’s date of birth; OR

               - one parent’s Australian passport (issued after 20/8/1986) that was valid at the time of the child’s birth; OR

               - an original Australian citizenship certificate for your child

   > If the child’s name is changing, you will need an approved name change document.

   > All court orders issued in relation to the child

   > If your child was adopted, born as a result of surrogacy, has one parent only listed on the birth certificate or you were unable to obtain consent of all parties with parental responsibility – you may need to provide supplementary information

   > 2 new, compliant passport photos (less than 6 months old). *Do not attach your photos using paper clips, staples, tape or glue/adhesive. We will attach the photos for you.

   > If you are replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport for the child, you will need to provide a written statement (Form B11) that explains how, when and where the incident occurred.

   > Name change documentation for the parent(s) if current name(s) differ from the child’s birth certificate (ex: a marriage certificate, divorce certificate or court order). It is common for some Canadian birth certificates to only show the maiden name of the mother, so
       a marriage certificate is often required to show the link between her maiden name (as listed on the child’s birth certificate) and her current name.

   > One piece of valid government-issued photo ID, with residential address, for the lodging parent.

   > Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) or Debit card for payment.

Also, please ensure:

   > The child’s guarantor has properly completed Section 11, is eligible and is not related to the child by birth/marriage.

   > The child’s guarantor has written on the back of your photo “This is a true photo of the child’s full name” and signed underneath the statement.

   > All required sections of the forms are signed/dated, including parental consent at Sections 15 and 17.  
     *Passport staff cannot witness signature(s).

   > Please use Australian date format (DD/MM/YYYY) at all relevant sections, including Sections 11, 15 and 17

   > No alterations or corrective whiteout has been made on signatures/dates at Sections 11, 15, 17 or 18

   > Sections 11, 15 and 17 are dated within 6 months of your interview date.

   > Signatures at Section 17 and Section 18 are completely inside the signature boxes; AND

   > Children 10 years or older have signed at Section 18 – the child’s signature must be fully contained within the signature box.

   > Passport photos are checked for size and quality. Tip: use a magnifying glass to ensure the photos are not grainy, blurry, pixelated or striped. There should be no flash reflection, shadows or ‘red-eye’.

   > Your form does not have to be printed on Australian A4 size paper, however, the form must be correctly sized so nothing is cut off at the top or bottom of pages.


Further information, including passport application forms, is available at:


Personal information provided to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information, including to overseas recipients where we reasonably believe it is necessary, to provide you with consular assistance. Important information about the privacy of your personal information is contained in our Consular Privacy Collection Statement, which you should read and understand. Copies of the Statement are available at or by requesting a copy from the Department and/or The Australian High Commission, Ottawa.